After a hot spell, it has cooled down again here in Northern California, and it feels like Fall again. While I was at the grocery store yesterday, I saw rows of beautiful pumpkins laid out, and it made me think of pumpkin baked goods. Last night I made these super easy pumpkin muffins with Nicolas — he enjoyed mixing and dropping the batter into the muffin pan. It couldn’t get any easier, and since they’re loaded with pumpkin, these muffins are full of fiber and healthy vitamins — not bad for a muffin . To make approximately 12 large muffins, you need:
- canned pumpkin (1 15 oz can)
- yellow cake mix (1 box)
- ground cinnamon (1 tsp)
- ground nutmeg (1/2 tsp)
- ground cloves (1/4 tsp)
- Preheat your oven to 350oF.
- Insert paper baking cups into your muffin pan.
- Prepare the batter by mixing the canned pumpkin, cake mix and spices. The batter is going to seem really thick. Mix it well, until the cake mix is well incorporated into the pumpkin.
- Fill the baking cups about 2/3 of the way with the batter. Bake at 350oF for 20-25 minutes. Check with a toothpick; if they’re done, the toothpick will come out clean.